NEOJAPAN ensures that its business activities have a significant impact on the environment. Positioning harmony between business activities and the environment as one of our management issues, we will strive to reduce the entire supply chain's environmental burden and contribute to creating a sustainable society.
1.Promoting environmentally- conscious business activities
In order to reduce the impact on the environment, we will set quantitative targets while continuously working on improving and reviewing them. We will also strive to save energy, resources, and to prevent pollution caused by waste throughout the supply chain.
2. Promoting environmental awareness activities
Through environmental education and environmental and social activities, we will raise our employees and collaborators' environmental awareness and contribute to global environmental conservation, including climate variability response and biodiversity conservation.
3. Compliance with environmental laws and regulations
We will comply with applicable laws and regulations regarding environmental aspects and other agreed matters in promoting our business activities.
4. Stakeholder communication
We will actively communicate with our stakeholders inside and outside the company, such as by disclosing environment-related information in our business activities to stakeholders.
To reduce our business activities' environmental impact, we are working on setting goals that target the office environment, such as electricity, waste emissions, and paper purchases. Aiming towards a five year period from FY2020 to FY2025, we have set the following targets to work on our environmental activities.
|Power usage||Overall emissions will not increase based on FY2020, and per capita, paper usage will be reduced by 25% in the five years up to FY2025.|
|Waste discharge (paper usage)||Overall paper usage will not increase based on FY2020, and per capita emissions will be reduced by 25% in the five years up to FY2025.|
* As for waste emissions, we can only grasp the entire tenant building's quantity, therefore we have set a reduction target using our office paper usage as an alternative index to waste emissions.
Climate Change Initiatives
We believe that it is a corporate responsibility and an important management issue to transition to a carbon-free society and to mitigate climate variability- which poses a threat to humans and other organisms. We will contribute to these changes by reducing greenhouse gases by reducing our energy consumptions in our offices.
- Reducing the extensive use of air conditioning ⇒ Efforts to reduce usage by installing fans, etc. on each floor.
PC / OA equipment
- Frequently turning off the power of unused PCs and office automation equipment. Turning off all PCs and OA equipment when leaving the office.
- Set the screen saver to less than 10 minutes.
- Recommend the energy saving mode setting for PC.
- When turning off the power of the personal computer and the power of the PC display.
- Frequently turn off the lights in unused conference rooms and refresh rooms.
- Continue to turn off the floor lights during a lunch break (12: 00-13: 00.)
- Make sure all lights are turned off in every room when leaving the office.
- Work efficiently and manage to leave early.
- * Emission factors are calculated as approximate values for FY2020 and beyond.
- * Achievements of the entire NEOJAPAN Group. Expanded the scope of disclosure of Pro-SPIRE, which became a subsidiary in August 2019. The figures in parentheses are the figures including the subsidiaries.
- * Since the CO2 emission factor for FY2019 and thereafter is undecided at the time of information disclosure, the amount for FY2018 is used as a reference value.
- * The number of employees over the years is increasing, and the number of employees in 2025 indicates the planned number of employees as of 2020.
- * Target value: Not affected by the increase in the number of employees due to the expansion of the company scale, reduce the usage per person at the head office by 25%, and do not increase the usage in the target year and the base year.
Efforts to reduce the amount of resources and waste
Nowadays, the sustainability of resources is attracting attention, and we are contributing to this by shifting to a paperless company and promoting digitalization.
Paperless in-house system
- Efforts to make in-house systems which require regular paper submission a paperless office.
- It is recommended to use a PC without printing the in-house meeting materials.
How to use the copier
- Make as many copies as you need.
- Revising your methods in making a copy.
- Do not make unnecessary color copies ⇒ Set to black and white
- Utilize double-sided printing and page aggregation
- Recommending the reduction of meetings and shifting towards a paperless office
- Recheck the print settings before copying.
- * Achievements of the entire NEOJAPAN Group. Expanded disclosure scope of Pro-SPIRE, which became a subsidiary in August 2019. The figures in parentheses include subsidiaries.
- * The number of employees is increasing yearly, and the number of employees in 2025 indicates the planned number of employees as of 2020.
- * Target value: Not affected by the increase in the number of employees due to the expansion of the company scale. Reduce the usage per person at the head office by 25%, and do not increase the usage in the target year and the base year.